In financial accounting and other specialist processes information is predominantly very structured and well-organised already, but is mostly encapsulated in islands. However, measured on the volume of all existing information, the majority is always still in an unstructured and/or unorganised form. I.e. documents are not defined, are located on different systems (local hard drives, central file servers, mail systems etc.) without version history and are often laborious to find. Efficient working is not possible from the outset if important documents are missing, are laborious to find, exist in several versions or are in a holding stack.
The document management system from INFOMAź supports local authorities that want to radically rethink this and implement sensible information and process management step by step. Already existing or new documents (from file systems, other archiving or DMS systems etc,) can be integrated automatically, managed efficiently in files or processes and with task-oriented handling and revision-safe archiving. The benefits are clear at a glance: shorter and paper-free flow and processing times, less administrative effort and clear processes, simpler compliance with laws and directives, higher quality and process security.
Integrated service and workflow architecture
The integrated workflow and service architecture is the heart of the document management system. Three services for the base of this. The import and migration service provides automated consolidation of heterogeneous data sources and documents in one platform. The file and processing service facilitates management, processing, checking, publication and searching. The revision-safe archiving service creates the basis for the integration of diverse storage and archive systems.
The integrated workflow component uses the three services selectively. Its capability is demonstrated by the ready-to-use delivered workflows. The decision and document archiving workflow automatically accesses all desired tax, fee or charge decisions, as well as cash receipts including the applicable indexing and archives them in the associated files or processes. The documents are transferred to the connected storage systems for revision-safe archiving including all necessary conformity guidelines, e.g. storage periods.
The unique, high-automation invoice receipt workflow demonstrates the process-oriented procedure of the departmental and process limits even more closely. All steps are effected free of media breaks and across workstations: from scanning the incoming invoice with meta data capture and the subsequent preparation of relevant entitlements (e.g. for users) and base data (up to the individual order positions) directly from financial accounting, to invoice checking and accounting with direct access to the prepared information from financial accounting, to invoice release with automatic entry of the incoming invoice in financial accounting. These process have a high level of automation, controlled by the scanned data and existing elements, e.g. entitlements from financial accounting.
The right use of information technology is a crucial factor in creating further practice-oriented possibilities to improve a powerful administration. Effective management of documents from workflow perspectives is becoming increasingly important in this context. Unproductive periods for searching, copying, forwarding or archiving documents are reduced and communication and processes are accelerated. Information is always available correctly. Handling cases and processes can be effected more quickly and securely.
Import and migration service
- Data from heterogeneous sources, e.g. from a mail or file server, other archive/DMS systems or scanned documents or local hard drives are supplied with meta data and features through intelligence -and are automatically integrated into the document management system.
- Flexibly configuration of document classification with meta data and -features
- Time and result-controlled import and migration jobs
- A recorded system of rules variably controls qualified filing in the right directory and in the intended processes and files
File and process handling service
- Effective and universal management and handling of documents through their entire life cycle incl. automatic production of document historiography and logging, versioning, checking in and out, inspection and release processes, collecting signatures, e-mail integration etc.
- Light and task-oriented management and handling of processes and files
- Flexible guidelines on retention, protection and monitoring of documents, files and processes
- Central, convenient search function on full text, meta data and persons with archived contextual relevance form and considering departmental limitations
- Search function can be configured to access an almost unlimited range of searchable documents, formats and repositories.
- Create, supplement and amend common information or collected knowledge via blogs, Wikis and RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
- Form solutions using electronic forms
Revision-safe archiving service
- Any documents can be placed in revision-safe archiving from the document management system via the existing interfaces in the different repositories (software or hardware archive solutions)
- Integrated management of the conformity guidelines, e.g. retention periods
- The document is still fully searchable and accessible in the document management system using a type of placeholder, but of course it can no longer be edited.
- Relief for the SQL server of the document management system and avoidance of redundant documents
- Based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Role-based layout of web access withy offline capability in connection with Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Integrated portal solution
- Rights administration on document and user levels
- High user-friendliness and seamless integration into the familiar Microsoft environment
Incoming invoices workflow
- Complete, paper-free handling of incoming invoices
- Meta data capture based on scanned incoming invoice in the central and virtual mail room
- Access relevant entitlements (e.g. for users) from financial accounting based on captured meta data, e.g. user-related real account, cost unit, product entitlements or maximum release value Also access necessary basic data, such as supplier data, individual order items etc.
- Access to processes, cost units or product managers
- Invoice checking and account assignment with direct access to the recalled and prepared information from financial accounting
- Allocation to authorised staff
- Invoice release with automatic entry of incoming invoices in financial accounting via a standardised XML data flow and qualified filing in the document management system, if nec. with revision-safe archiving
- Flexible definition of routes and periods
- Seamless, cross-department traceability, transparency and search option
Decision and document archiving workflow